- Alerting - Used to capture data that exceeds or meets a threshold.
- Change Capture - Used to log changes to the instances and databases. Could be security, a database setting, adding/deleting a database, instance start time, etc.
- Dashboard - Metrics used for real time monitoring. Data is not stored or saved.
- Trending - Metrics gathered for trending and forecasting purposes. Examples of these include job run times, Growth rates, table and index space, space used in database files, page splits, etc.
SQL Script Categories:
- Collector - Used to define the metric and fields returned.
- Dashboard - For real time data in which the results of the query are not saved or stored.
- Database List - Defines a list of databases to execute a collector script against.
- Post-Collector - To be run after the collector script is executed. Used for processes and tasks that should be ran once the data from the collector script is loaded.
- Pre-Collector - To be run prior to the execution of the collector script. Used for processes and tasks that need to be completed prior to the collection.
- Reporting - Used to pull information from the collected data.
- Alerting agent - Communicates notifications when an alerting metric exceeds or meets a threshold value a specified number of times.
- Archiving and retention agent - Removes and/or aggregates change capture metrics after a specified amount of time.
- Collection agent - Checks to see what jobs/collections are in the queue and executes them against specified Instance and database lists. Data collected can be used for trending, change capture, and alerting.
- Instance availability agent - that checks the ability to connect to the instance. Only metric which is not user configurable. Hard coded into the application.
Schemas: Database schemas in the SQL Gumbo database
- alert -
- collection -
- config -
- history -
- script -
- staging -