- Lightweight - No agents/daemons installed on servers being monitored.
- Not cause another process to become the deadlock victim.
- Avoid being locked by other processes.
- Not be run against databases in states that are not accessible. Such as being offline or in a recovery state.
- Dynamically capture the addition and/or removal of databases.
- Dynamically load instance information.
- Provide users a means to define and control the monitoring to fit their needs
- Users to define, create, add, and remove their own metrics to monitor and alert on.
- Users to define the schedules for the metric gathering.
- Define groups of instances to pull metrics from.
- Metrics can be run against a specified database list such as one database, user databases, system databases, etc.
- Define databases that should be excluded from monitoring either by name or by a pattern in the name.
- Create, add, modify, and delete alerting groups.
- Allow for the addition of user defined properties for databases and instances
- Provide canned metrics an addition to the user defined metrics.
- Provide reports and/or a means to create reports.
- Allow for access to the collected raw data.
- Offer a way to share scripts amongst a SQL Gumbo community.
Help and Support